You’re living your life, going to parties and hanging out with your friends from dusk ‘til dawn—enjoying your youth. But you’ve been thinking about having a child and now suspect that you might be pregnant. Do you remember how your friends’ lives changed after they had children?
1. Have you ever spent time alone with a little child?
2. What do you think about childbirth?
3. Do you have a permanent partner?
4. How old are you?
5. Your neighbors decided to undergo a major household renovation. Every morning, you are rudely awakened by the harsh whine of a drill and fall asleep to the crushing blows of a hammer. How do you react?
6. Have you ever been interested in any books or videos about parenting?
7. You bought the dress of your dreams and decided to wear it to go for a walk. At the very last moment, you accidentally spilled mustard all over your beautiful dress. What are your next steps?
8. Do you want a boy or a girl?
9. Are you ready to take birthing classes?
10. Your friend asked you to babysit her 1-year-old baby for a couple of hours. How prepared are you?
11. How will your life change with a child?
12. Are you squeamish?
13. What physical sensations and emotions to you associate with pregnancy?
14. Your pet is ill. Now, you have to wake up at night to give the pet its medicine on schedule. After a few days, you begin to feel that you are sorely lacking in sleep and your energy is zero. What are your thoughts?
15. Do your relatives support your decision to become a parent?
16. Why did you decide you need a child?
17. How are your finances?