You’re living your life, going to parties and hanging out with your friends from dusk ‘til dawn—enjoying your youth. But you’ve been thinking about having a child and now suspect that you might be pregnant. Do you remember how your friends’ lives changed after they had children?
Quiz: Am I Ready to Become a Mother?Start Quiz
1. Have you ever been interested in any books or videos about parenting?
2. What do you think about childbirth?
3. Your friend asked you to babysit her 1-year-old baby for a couple of hours. How prepared are you?
4. Your pet is ill. Now, you have to wake up at night to give the pet its medicine on schedule. After a few days, you begin to feel that you are sorely lacking in sleep and your energy is zero. What are your thoughts?
5. Do you want a boy or a girl?
6. Your neighbors decided to undergo a major household renovation. Every morning, you are rudely awakened by the harsh whine of a drill and fall asleep to the crushing blows of a hammer. How do you react?
7. What physical sensations and emotions to you associate with pregnancy?
8. How are your finances?
9. Why did you decide you need a child?
10. How will your life change with a child?
11. Do your relatives support your decision to become a parent?
12. How old are you?
13. Are you squeamish?
14. You bought the dress of your dreams and decided to wear it to go for a walk. At the very last moment, you accidentally spilled mustard all over your beautiful dress. What are your next steps?
15. Do you have a permanent partner?
16. Are you ready to take birthing classes?
17. Have you ever spent time alone with a little child?