You’re living your life, going to parties and hanging out with your friends from dusk ‘til dawn—enjoying your youth. But you’ve been thinking about having a child and now suspect that you might be pregnant. Do you remember how your friends’ lives changed after they had children?
1. What do you think about childbirth?
2. Your pet is ill. Now, you have to wake up at night to give the pet its medicine on schedule. After a few days, you begin to feel that you are sorely lacking in sleep and your energy is zero. What are your thoughts?
3. Do you have a permanent partner?
4. Have you ever spent time alone with a little child?
5. How will your life change with a child?
6. Your friend asked you to babysit her 1-year-old baby for a couple of hours. How prepared are you?
7. How old are you?
8. Your neighbors decided to undergo a major household renovation. Every morning, you are rudely awakened by the harsh whine of a drill and fall asleep to the crushing blows of a hammer. How do you react?
9. Do you want a boy or a girl?
10. Do your relatives support your decision to become a parent?
11. How are your finances?
12. Are you squeamish?
13. Have you ever been interested in any books or videos about parenting?
14. What physical sensations and emotions to you associate with pregnancy?
15. Why did you decide you need a child?
16. You bought the dress of your dreams and decided to wear it to go for a walk. At the very last moment, you accidentally spilled mustard all over your beautiful dress. What are your next steps?
17. Are you ready to take birthing classes?